Monday 30 April 2012

Monday's musings...

High time for an update I think, especially given the nature of my last post.

My mind is slightly better, in that all the advice I received, especially from Sue and Sam on here, Holly on f/b, and from all of my other friends, was most helpful.

The busy-ness of life also has played it's hand which has not allowed me much thinking time lately.

My plan is when I feel ready, I am going to go to my GP and ask if I can be referred to a psych.

Opportunities to dress have stopped again, due to Son being here in the daytime again. He is also still very much under the threat of redundancy, bless him. Not fun when you are 25 and reasonably intelligent. He actually has turned out to be one person I can openly discuss my T-ness with, and I've felt so comfortable I've worn eye make up in the day and there has been no issue. I couldn't get away with that with the girls in the house.

On that subject, no 1 daughter is still in boyfriend mess. There is a lot to do there, and both me and Mrs T have no real idea how to snap her out of her upset? We've both stayed out of it so far, but it's getting harder and harder.

It was our anniversary on Friday last, and although we don't celebrate, the interim ones, I made her a card. It was our 27th. I wrote some words in the card to re-assure her that I will always love her, whatever the future throws our way.

The week-end was quite good. I decided to cook a 3-course meal for Mrs T on Saturday and it went down really well. (Actually, I was quite proud of myself. Home-made Prawn and Spring Onion Ravioli to start, Bangladeshi Monkfish and Prawn curry as main, and a wicked fried Banana with an amazing home-made sauce for dessert.)

As I had pasta left over, I made some more Ravioli (cheese and ham) for a starter last night, all served with a home made garlic sauce.

One more thing I did yesterday was to sort out and clean the spice cupboard. I was always moaning at the state of it, so Mrs T 'encouraged' me to do something about it.

I suppose all in all, a big brownie points week-end.

So where to next? In 2 weeks, I intend to push Tina's boundaries once again by going to Sue's London lunch. I haven't been before, but having been in Sue's company on two previous occasions for eating, I have no worries about going. The hard bit is leaving the house in daylight, (not being out to anyone much else), and travelling on the train. I am not too nervous. Actually very, very excited.

I guess I see it as another milestone 'ticked' on the path to acceptance?

I'm also booked into Sparkle and have my train tickets, so as per last year, I'm looking forward to that too.

It's not surprising as I really believe that when I am fully out in public I am proving I am the real me.

That's all I have to say today. Until next time good readers.

Tina
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment